- Genesis 3:15 - Soon after the Fall, God promised a savior.
- Galatians 3:19 - Throughout salvation history, God sent judges, kings prophets and leaders to call His people to reconcile with Him.
- Hebrews 1:1-3 - Jesus brings the fullness of God’s message that was only partial before.
- Deuteronomy 18:15-17 - God promised to send a Messiah to reconcile His people to Himself
- Isaiah 9:5-6 - The Messiah will be called “Wonderful Counselor”, “Prince of Peace” and His kingdom will last forever
- Malachi 3:1-4 - A purifying messenger is coming.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC):
- CCC 58-64, 69-72: Jesus fulfills the Old Testament promises and Divine Revelation
- CCC 430-434, 436, 438: Jesus is the Messiah