- Genesis 3:1-19 - Our first parents, Adam and Eve, are tempted by the devil and make a bad choice or what is now known as original sin.
- Luke 1:26-38 - Mary trusts God’s holy messenger, which is the opposite of the way Adam and Eve acted.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC)
- CCC 374-379 - Man and woman were created good and to be in a harmonious relationship with each other, creation, and God; to share in the divine life.
- CCC 388-390 -How to read the account of the Fall.
- CCC 391-395 -The Fall of the angels
- CCC 396-399 - Mankind’s friendship with God
- CCC 1733-1740 - True freedom
- Pope St. John Paul II, Summary of Catechesis on Original Sin