- Romans 10:14-15 - The need for the Church to send preachers to announce the Gospel.
- 1 Corinthians 9:16 – The duty of the Christian to preach the Gospel.
- 1 John 1:1-4 – On being witnesses to the Gospel.
- Acts 4:19-20 – Preaching the Gospel in the face of persecution.
- 2 Corinthians 5:18-20 – Christians as ambassadors for reconciliation through Christ .
- John 17:21 – Jesus prays for the unity of Christians.
- Acts 4:32-35 – Life in the early Christian community.
- 1 Peter 4:8-11 – Christian charity.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC)
- CCC 849-852 https://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p3.htm – On the Church’s “missionary mandate”.
- CCC 425 https://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s2c2.htm – The primary role of preaching in the transmission of the faith.
- CCC 1816 https://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c1a7.htm – The necessity of the disciple to profess the faith.
Official Church Documents:
- Redemptoris Missio, Encyclical of Pope Saint John Paul II, On the permanent validity of the Church's missionary mandate.
- Consider ways to evangelize, even remotely, with some ideas for virtual evangelization that can be found at Disciples In Mission.
- “Set All Afire”, Louis de Wohl. A historical fiction novel about the great evangelist St. Francis Xavier.
- “8 Principles of Evangelization” - A free online course available from the Word on Fire Institute
- “Taking the First Step: Keys to Sharing the Faith Person-to-Person” - Practical advice for evangelization from the USCCB.
- “Become a Guide” - Resources for you to help someone else take the next step in their walk with God from Evangelical Catholic.