- John 1: 1-14 – The Incarnation of God
- Philippians 2: 1-11 – The humility of Jesus’ incarnation and His lordship
- Galatians 5:1-5 – St. Paul on the importance of faith
The Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC)
- CCC 470 –The humanity and divinity of Christ, how is God the Son also man in His incarnation.
- CCC 487-508 – Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary.
- CCC 1716 - The Beatitudes.
Official Church Documents:
- “The Meaning of Christmas”, General Audience, Pope Benedict XVI, Wednesday December 20, 2006.
- “Why did God become Human?” Article on going a little deeper with kids on the mystery of the Incarnation.
- St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologiae, Part 3, Question 1.
- “The Incarnate Word: A Mystery of Love”, by Abbe Pierre.