June 18, 2022 8:30am – 6:00pm at the Tsongas Center
Archdiocese of Boston Eucharistic Congress
Advanced individual and group registration is now closed, but you may purchase tickets at the door. See Cost & Registration section for more details.
It is in the Eucharist where we find our true identity.
Cardinal Seán O’Malley invites all the Catholic faithful in the Archdiocese of Boston and surrounding dioceses to join him in closing the Year of the Eucharist with a day-long Eucharistic Congress, Jesus is Here.
A core tenet of the Catholic faith is that the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ is made truly present in the Eucharist. But belief in the True Presence has waned in recent years, even among Catholics. And that’s a concern—because as Cardinal Seán teaches, “it is in the Eucharist where we find our true identity.” Jesus is Here is an opportunity for us to deepen our understanding of the mystery of Jesus’ presence with us—by listening to powerful talks on the Eucharist, by receiving Jesus in the Eucharist at Mass, and by adoring Him in a time of adoration and worship.
Jesus is Here for Youth and Young Adults
Don’t miss our special night for youth and young adults with Village Lights and Jackie and Bobby Angel.
June 17, 2022 | 7:30pm – 9:30pm
Cathedral of the Holy Cross, Boston
Cardinal Seán O’Malley
Archbishop of Boston
Bishop Daniel Flores
Bishop of the Diocese of Brownsville
Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers
Bishop Mark O’Connell
Jackie & Bobby Angel
|7:30am||Doors Open, Exhibitors Available|
|8:30am||Welcome, Music, & Celebration of Mass|
|10:15am||Break & Visit Exhibitors|
|10:45am||Session 1 – Featuring Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers and Bishop Daniel Flores|
|12:15pm||Lunch Break & Visit Exhibitors|
|1:30pm||Session 2 – Featuring Cardinal Seán O’Malley|
|2:30pm||Break & Visit Exhibitors|
|3:00pm||Session 3 – Featuring Jackie and Bobby Angel|
|4:00pm||Eucharistic Adoration & Procession through Lowell|
*Confessions will be available at the following times: 7:30-8:30am, 10:15am-1:30pm, 2:30-3:30pm.
Parish Media Kit
Get the word out to your parish community! Download a parish media kit filled with resources, both for the bulletin and online, to help you recruit a parish group to attend the Eucharistic Congress.
Cost & Registration
Individual and group advanced ticket sales are now closed but you can still purchase tickets onsite at Tsongas on June 18. Ticket sales will begin at 7:30am with cash or credit card.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call 617-746-5767.
The optional box lunch is no longer an option after 5/22 but the concession stands will be open. You can also pack a lunch in a cooler and exit the arena to enjoy your lunch from your vehicle. There are also some restaurants nearby.
- The Eucharistic Congress is on Saturday, June 18, 2022 from 8:30am-6:00pm at the Tsongas Center in Lowell. Doors will open at 7:30am.
- There is a pre-event for youth and young adults on Friday, June 17, 2022 from 7:30-9:30pm at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross in Boston. Doors will open at 6:30pm.
- The Eucharistic Congress on Saturday, June 18th will be held at the Tsongas Center at UMass Lowell, 300 Martin Luther King Jr. Way, Lowell, MA 01852.
- The pre-event for youth and young adults on Friday, June 17th will be held at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross, 1400 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02118.
- Parking and directions can be found here. There will be no available public parking in the Tsongas lots on the day of the event. However, there are 3 nearby parking garages where you can park personal vehicles – George Ayotte Parking Garage, Joseph Downes Parking Garage, and Leo A. Roy Parking Garage. The cost at any of these garages is $15.00 for the whole day and only cash or check payments are accepted. There is also some metered street parking available in the area.
- Individuals and groups are responsible for arranging their own transportation.
- Busses may drop off and pick up in front of the building. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about bus parking.
- Parking information for the Cathedral of the Holy Cross will be posted soon!
- Parish groups are encouraged to travel together via carpool or bus. Please check with your parish for this information.
- We recommend all group members arrive at the same time for ease of entrance and to find seats together as seating is general admission and first come, first serve. If group members will not be arriving at the same time as the rest of the group, it is the responsibility of the group leader to send those group members their digital tickets. Every individual will need their digital ticket ready to scan upon arrival to gain entry.
Box lunches consisting of a turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato on a bulkie roll, apple, chips, and a beverage are available for purchase for an additional fee of $14 each. The only dietary modifications available are a vegetarian wrap and a gluten-free sandwich.
Box lunches must be ordered at the time you submit your registration. They cannot be added on later.
All members on your registration must opt in or out of the box lunch option. You cannot purchase the lunch just for some of the people in your registration.
For those who opt not to purchase the box lunch, you may use the 75-minute break to purchase lunch from the concession stands or a local restaurant. Outside food is not allowed in the Tsongas Center, but if you pack a cooler in your vehicle, you will be able to leave the arena during the lunch break to get food from your vehicle and eat it outside the venue.
Wheelchair accessible seating will be available on the floor and around the concourse. Members of the Deaf community have the option to sit close to the stage and the ASL interpreter or view the interpreter from the video screens. If you or a member of your group would like to reserve seating in these sections, please include this in your registration or contact us at email@example.com or call 617-746-5767.
- All priests must register via the Priest Registration link.
- White vestments should be worn by priests concelebrating with Cardinal Seán O’Malley.
- Priests hearing confessions should bring their purple stole.
- Priests concelebrating will sit together for Mass.
- Priests should register separately from their group and not be counted in their group registration.
- If you travel with a group and concelebrate, have your group save you a seat for the rest of the event.
- A ticket and lunch are complimentary.
- A Letter of Good Standing is needed for priests residing outside of the Archdiocese of Boston who hear confessions or concelebrate Mass. (Details on priest registration page.)
Dress is casual. We recommend something modest and comfortable. There will be a Mass and a Eucharistic Procession with Cardinal O’Malley as part of the Eucharistic Congress.
Any bags entering the Tsongas Center will be subject to a bag search to confirm that prohibited items aren’t entering the venue. For a list of prohibited items and additional information, please click here.
We will be monitoring local and state guidelines as the event date approaches and will communicate any necessary updates regarding precautions or requirements to registered participants prior to the event.
If, due to COVID-19 or other unforeseen circumstances the event is cancelled, all tickets will be refunded.
No, we will not be offering a virtual ticket or live-streaming the event. This event is being offered for in-person attendance only.
Yes, the talk will be translated into Spanish, Portuguese, and Haitian Creole. Bishop Flores’s talk in Spanish will be translated for English speakers. We will provide a call in number for the participants to listen to the translation on their phones.
Registration is open to individuals and to parish groups.
Individuals can register guests such as friends or family members and may purchase up to 9 total tickets. Please use the Individual Registration link for this option.
Parish groups must have a minimum of 10 people and must be coordinated through a parish with a parish group leader. If you are interested in coordinating a group for your parish, talk to your pastor. Please use the Parish Group Registration link for this option.
Previously, there was an Early Bird price of $39 with the cost rising to $49. We are very thankful to announce that the cost of the ticket will remain $39 per person straight through the close of registration on May 22, 2022.
The optional box lunch costs an additional $14 and must be purchased at the time you purchase tickets.
- Individuals may purchase tickets at the door for $39 with cash or credit card.
- Ticket sales begin at 7:30am.
There is no financial aid directly available from the archdiocese at this time. Please check with your parish to see if they are able to assist. Religious sisters, brothers, and consecrated virgins and widows attend for free! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
No. Priests are encouraged to attend the Congress with their parish group but should register separately as their ticket and lunch are complimentary. All priests planning to attend must register via the Priest Registration link.
No. Once you have submitted your registration and purchased tickets, we are unable to provide refunds or decrease the number of tickets ordered. Your best option is to find people to come with your group! Please check out the media kit for helpful tools to assist you in getting the word out.
Those who register via Individual Registration are not able to add tickets on to their existing registration. Additional friends or family wanting to attend should submit their own new registration to purchase tickets. Seating will be general admission, so plan to arrive together in order to find seats together.
Group leaders who registered a group via Parish Group Registration are able to add additional tickets to their existing registration by emailing email@example.com or call 617-746-5767.
Individual Registration requires payment in full with credit card at the time the registration is submitted.
Parish Group Registration payment options are credit card or parish check. The group leader is responsible for submitting payment for the entire group and all registrations must be paid in full by May 31st. Checks should be mailed to Pastoral Center, ATTN: Eucharistic Congress, 66 Brooks Drive, Braintree, MA 02184
All ticket purchases are non-refundable and unable to be cancelled after the registration is submitted. If, due to unforeseen circumstances the event is cancelled, all tickets will be refunded.
You will NOT receive the tickets themselves in the confirmation email when you register.
A few weeks before the event, all digital tickets will be emailed directly from the Tsongas Center to the individuals and parish group leaders who submitted the registration. Individuals who registered for multiple people and parish group leaders will receive the digital tickets for everyone in the group. Upon receiving your digital ticket, you will have the option to share the digital tickets with the members of your group or to keep all tickets on your own smartphone to scan for the whole group upon arrival.
If group members will not be arriving at the same time as the rest of the group, it is the responsibility of the group leader to send those group members their digital tickets. Every individual will need their digital ticket ready to scan upon arrival to gain entry.
You will not receive your digital tickets until after June 1st. If it is after June 1st, please check your spam or junk email folder. If you still don’t see them or need assistance, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-746-5767.
Yes. Individuals or Parish Group Leaders should have the tickets ready to scan from their phone upon arrival. Groups who have not emailed separate tickets to each member of their group must wait for their entire party to arrive before entering the venue.
Seating is general admission, so those who wish to be seated together should arrive together to find seats near each other.
Wheelchair accessible seating will be available on the floor and around the concourse. Members of the Deaf community have the option to sit close to the stage and the ASL interpreter or view the interpreter from the video screens. If you or a member of your group would like to reserve seating in these sections, please include this in your registration or contact email@example.com or call 617-746-5767.
The target audience for this event is adults. However, children and teens are welcome to attend with their parents. Minors may not attend without a parent, must be registered in the same group as their parent, and must be accompanied by a parent at all times. All individuals above the age of 2 need to purchase a ticket.