June 17, 2022 7:30PM – 9:30PM at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross
Jesus is Here for Youth and Young Adults is a pre-event to Saturday’s Eucharistic Congress. The evening will include Praise & Worship by Village Lights, a talk by Bobby and Jackie Angel, Adoration, Confession, and a visit by Cardinal Seán. Our Cardinal Archbishop looks forward to gathering with the young people of the diocese to encounter our Lord truly present in the Eucharist together.
Cathedral of the Holy Cross
1400 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02118
Paid parking is available at the following Boston lots: 500 Harrison Avenue, 324 Albany Street, and 274 Albany Street. Credit and debit card payments are accepted.
Buses may drop off and pick up on Union Park St. alongside the Cathedral. Additional information about bus parking will be supplied in the follow-up email at the end of May.
If you have questions regarding parking, please contact Melissa Kalpakgian.
Parish Media Kit
Get the word out to your parish community! Download a parish media kit filled with resources to help you spread the word about Jesus is Here for Youth and Young Adults.
- Jesus is Here for Youth and Young Adults is taking place on Friday, June 17, 2022, from 7:30-9:30pm at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross in Boston. Doors will open at 6:30pm.
- This event is designed for high school youth and college-aged young adults. All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- A separate event for Young Catholic Professionals (YCP) is taking place in the lower hall of the Cathedral prior to this event. Attendees of the YCP event are welcome to attend Jesus is Here for Youth and Young Adults upstairs afterwards.
- Jesus is Here for Youth and Young Adults is being held at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross, 1400 Washington St. Boston, MA 02118.
- Paid parking is available at the following Boston lots: 500 Harrison Avenue, 324 Albany Street, and 274 Albany Street. Credit and debit card payments are accepted.
- Buses may drop off and pick up on Union Park St. alongside the Cathedral. Additional information about bus parking will be supplied in the follow-up email at the end of May.
- Yes. Entrance into the Cathedral for wheelchairs is through a ramp on Union Park Street. There is an elevator to access restrooms and handicapped bathrooms are available. Wheelchair accessible seating is available for those in need. If you or a member of your group would like to reserve handicapped accessible seating, please include this in your registration.
- Yes, an ASL interpreter will be present. Reserved seating near the ASL interpreter is available for members of the Deaf community. If you or a member of your group would like to reserve seating in these sections, please include this in your registration.
- Yes! Confessions will begin at 6:30pm and continue until 9:00pm.
- We will be monitoring local and state guidelines as the event date approaches and will communicate any necessary updates regarding precautions or requirements to registered participants prior to the event.
- No, we will not be offering a virtual ticket or live streaming the event. This event is being offered for in-person attendance only.
- This event is for high school youth and college-aged young adults. All minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Registration is open to individuals/families and to parish groups.
- Individuals can register guests such as friends or family members and may purchase up to 9 total tickets. Please use the Individual/Family Registration link for this option.
- Parish groups must be coordinated through a parish with a parish group leader. There is no minimum size for a parish group. Parish groups with minors must abide by all Archdiocese of Boston Safe Environment policies and chaperone requirements. Please use the Parish Group Registration link for this option.
- Pre-registration will remain open until June 8 but tickets will be available for purchase at the door the day of the event.
- Tickets are $10 per person. There are no discounts or early bird pricing available. These tickets are separate from the Eucharistic Congress held the following day at the Tsongas Center in Lowell.
- Yes! Parents are encouraged to attend with their teens. Families can purchase tickets via Individual/Family Registration or can register with a parish group by contacting the parish group leader.
- Parish and diocesan youth groups must have a minimum of 2 chaperones per group AND must maintain a ratio of at least 1 chaperone for every 8 teens.
- All adults attending with a parish group must have a current and clear CORI through their parish and must have attended Virtus training. Parish permission slips are recommended for parish purposes only.
- No. Priests attend this event for free! Parish groups bringing a priest will have an opportunity to indicate this when they register. Priests who wish to attend but are not coming with a parish group should contact Melissa Kalpakgian at email@example.com.
- No. Once you have submitted your registration and purchased tickets, we are unable to provide refunds or decrease the number of tickets ordered. Your best option is to find people to come with your group!
- Those who register via Individual/Family Registration are not able to add tickets to their existing registration. Additional friends or family wanting to attend should submit their own new registration to purchase tickets. Seating will be general admission, so plan to arrive together in order to find seats together.
- Group leaders who registered a group via Parish Group Registration can add additional tickets to their existing registration by emailing Melissa Kalpakgian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Individual/Family Registration requires payment in full by credit card at the time the registration is submitted.
- Parish Group Registration payment options are credit card or parish check. The group leader is responsible for submitting payment for the entire group and all registrations must be paid in full by May 31st. Checks should be mailed to:
- Pastoral Center | ATTN: Jesus is Here: Friday YYA | 66 Brooks Drive |Braintree, MA 02184
- All ticket purchases are non-refundable and unable to be cancelled after the registration is submitted. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, the event is cancelled, all tickets will be refunded.
- Parish group leaders will be mailed their group’s tickets in June.
- Tickets will not be mailed to those who register via Individual/Family Registration. Those individuals will check-in at the Cathedral entrance upon arrival to gain admittance to the event.
- Seating is general admission, so those who wish to be seated together should arrive together to find seats near each other.
- Wheelchair accessible seating is available. Reserved seating near the ASL interpreter is available for members of the Deaf Community. If you or a member of your group would like to reserve seating in these sections, please include this in your registration or contact Melissa Kalpakgian at email@example.com.