The Catholic Church is called to do many things, but our primary task is to evangelize. These programs provide a framework and tools to become better disciples and lead others in their journey of discipleship.
Congratulations on your engagement! Now that you’re engaged you might be asking – What comes next? To begin, check out the Eight Steps for Engaged Couples here. One such step is to participate in a marriage preparation workshop often referred to as Pre-Cana. The program we use in the Boston Archdiocese is one that we developed called Transformed in Love.
Transformed in Love prepares engaged couples, and those seeking a convalidation, to build a solid foundation for their sacred and lifelong union; one built on Jesus Christ. It will help you:
- Understand the nature of marriage and the impact its sacramental character can have on the spouses, family, and society
- Learn practical skills and tools to assist with healthy communication and managing expectations well
- Engage in relationship-building exercises to develop a strong connection between spouses
- Hear firsthand the experiences of other married couples
My fiancé and I loved our Transformed in Love experience. We learned so much about each other, about a faithful marriage, and about growing together in holiness. Ultimately, we feel prepared for the Sacrament of Marriage in a way that we didn’t expect before.
Transformed in Love has been a tremendous service to engaged couples in their proximate preparation for their Sacramental marriage. The faithfulness of the Catholic Teachings, the gifted faith-filled instructors, and the sincerely welcoming environment makes these days so enriching for these couples.
We went into Transformed in Love looking to learn more about each other and the Catholic Church’s teachings on marriage, and we came out enriched, enlightened, and totally excited to be husband and wife.
Marriage Prep Schedule
Below is a list of faith communities that host Transformed in Love or Transformados en el Amor. There is a selection of both virtual and in person workshops to choose from. Please scroll down for the 2022-2023 dates/locations that work best for you.
If you find yourself in need of special accommodations, please contact us for alternative options.
Hosted by the Pastoral Center in Braintree
- Jan. 17, 19, 24, 2023 (Virtual) Mini-Series | Register here
- Feb. 17-18 (In person) | Register here
- March 15, 22, 29 (Virtual) Mini-Series | Register here
- April 28-29 (In person) | Register here
- May 19-20 (In person) | Register here
- June 16-17 (In person) | Register here
Hosted by Parish Teams
- March 24-25, 2023 (In person) | St. Joseph, Kingston | Register here
Hosted by Centers
- St. Basil, Methuen (In person)
Dec. 16-17, 2022 | Feb. 10-11, 2023 | March 10-11 | May 12-13 | June 9-10 | Register here
- Paulist Center, Boston
Jan. 20-21 (Virtual) | Visit here
Transformados en el Amor (Español/en persona)
- 4 y 5 de febrero, 2023 | Santa María, Waltham | Email Anamperalt@gmail.con | Cel: (617) 935-6285
- 15 y 16 de abril, 2023 | 10 y 11 de julio | 21 y 22 de octubre | St. Stephen, Framingham | Email here
- 20 y 21 de mayo 20-21, 2023 | 10 y 11 de junio 10-11 | St. Columbkille, Brighton | Email here
- New dates TBA | St. Patrick, Lowell | Call 716-598-0186 for info
- For more information about Transformed in Love in Vietnamese, use the contact information found here
What Your Workshop Covers
Transformed in Love explores the following topics:
- Self-Knowledge: Knowing Your True Self
- Communication: Relationship Skills for Marriage
- Expectations: Great Expectations Are Managed Well
- What is Love? The Four Loves
- God is Love: Proclaiming the Good News (Kerygma)
- What is Marriage? God’s Plan for Love and Life
- The Sacrament of Matrimony: You, Me, and Jesus
- The Rite of Marriage: The Consent We Give and Live
- Finances: Let’s Talk Money
- Five Spiritual Practices for Marriage and Family Life: Keeping Christ at the Center of Our Marriage
- The Mass: The Presence of Christ
- Marital Sexuality: Love’s Perfect Design
- We are on a Mission: Our Marriage and Family, An Icon of God’s Love