If you and your spouse desire holy matrimony in the Catholic Church, you are invited to convalidate your marriage on World Marriage Sunday, February 11, 2024, at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross, Boston with Bishop Mark O’Connell as the principal celebrant. A Celebration of Convalidation is an opportunity for couples married outside of the Church to enter into a marriage covenant in the Catholic tradition.
Families and friends are invited to attend. Please note, this ceremony will not be a Nuptial Mass.
Steps to Take:
- Register below.
- Contact your parish to begin the preparation for convalidation.
- If you don’t have a parish, visit the one closest to you. If you have any problems finding a parish, please contact our office for assistance at 617-746-5756
- Download the attached document for additional information
- Parish Info in Haitian-Creole language
- When the preparation is complete, ask the parish to mail the relevant documents by Jan. 15, 2024 directly to:
- Attn: Family Life/Convalidation Ceremony | Pastoral Center | 66 Brooks Dr. Braintree, MA 02184
- Once the paperwork has been received, we will follow up to confirm that we received your documentation, share parking information, etc.
- Please email or call Emily Elliott at 617-852-3406 with any questions